Sunday, November 01, 2009

Before and After

October was a bit of a bust in the crafty department. With Christmas fast approaching, I hope there'll be more posts here in the coming weeks! In the meantime, here's something I've wanted to share for a while.

I've been eying these rather retro telephone tables for a while at flea markets and finally gave in a couple of month ago. Several rounds of sanding and painting later, I'm happy with the result! The new fabric is from Marimekko (sorry, I don't know the name of the pattern). It took a while to find the perfect pulls for the drawers, but a friend finally found some for me at a little shop here in Vaasa. I'd also love to find an old green rotary phone to top it off - I miss rotary phones! I don't even have a land line anymore.

Now I want to recover my IKEA poäng chair...

15 comments:

Karen said...

I have looked at the telephone chairs for several years. No place to put one. I am happy that you found one!

Clare said...

Funny how more and more people have their mobiles as their main phone. I wonder if land lines will become a thing of the past?

Did the postman bring you a little envelope from France?

Tonya Ricucci said...

that looks great. SEVERAL rounds of sanding and painting. aiyay yay. good for you for sticking with all that work.

Dolores said...

They match your chairs. I don't know if I would have the patience for all the sanding. BTW, I miss the rotary dial phones too and I do actually have one in the basement somewhere...

Andrea, the little collector said...

What a fantastic re-do! It looks beautiful.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

What a fun result! The only phone numbers I can remember are the ones from when we had a rotary phone and you had to remember the number, not push a button! Remember sticking a pencil in the holes to dial? Now I just look at the screen and hit send. Times change! Cheers!

Sweet P said...

Simply awesome! I love it.

Unknown said...

Superb transformation!

Lappeklipp said...

Hej,
Vilket fint jobb du har gjort med den gamla telefonbänken. Vi har en likadan i förrådet som är björkfärgad. Vi borde ha en gammal grön porslinstelefon med roterande nummerval någonstans. Om jag hittar den får du den gärna.
Kommer du att åka till Tammerfors nästa vecka?
Ha det så gott!!!
Kram L

Chookyblue...... said...

your phone table is lovely...........well worth the sanding...........

Ruth's Place said...

Stunning! Looks fabulous.

Leah said...

hey that looks great! nice work!

Nettie said...

Wonderful! Shows a lot of vision, in addition to the hard work.

Flikka said...

I love the new look of that table!

sewkalico said...

An awesome transformation!