Sunday, October 21, 2007

Red & White Houses

Had a conference here in Vaasa this weekend, so I didn't find much time for sewing. A few days ago I made a few houses using Tonya's tutorial and added them to the envelope for Clare.

I did find a little time in the evenings to quilt and bind this tiny piece I started at the beginning of September. I did a messy little flower pattern in the red stripes and a diagonal across each of the coins in between. It's about 16"x 17".

Just another little bit of color - last week I tried out this delicious cake recipe from my favorite food blog. I must admit, there's nothing left of the cake. Veggie cake is healthy, right? (No mention of the butter, of course.)

10 comments:

jmb_craftypickle said...

cute houses! I love the little HH in the window. I think that I will need to try one. Like your blog!

Anonymous said...

Very cute houses and hedgehogs!

Helen in the UK said...

Those house blocks are wonderful - esp with the hedgehog inhabitant :)

Heleen said...

your house blocks are realy wonderful

Unknown said...

The houses are great and the cake´s color is unusual, at least to me.

Lily Mulholland said...

Great houses! And my goodness! What was in that cake?

Libby said...

That cake looks and sounds like a lot of fun *s*
Love your coins.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love your houses.

isehakanud lillekasvataja said...

Hei!
Nice to see colleaque in Finland!

Pille said...

So you ate the whole cake before you managed to take a picture :)