Saturday, March 22, 2008

Loving the Long Weekend!

Here's a photo from yesterday. I feel like I should be wishing people a Merry Christmas instead of Happy Easter (except that it's light out)!

It's a perfect weekend for craftiness, however, as my disaster of a sewing room attests to! Here's a little creature to stick in my little 6-year-old friend's birthday backpack. His mom says he's in a monster phase. I have to say, I'm not really talented in the 3D sewing department, but I was inspired by this and these in creating this little monster pillow. He's made out of corduroy pants and jeans, with knitted hair, and a rickrack pocket mouth.

I also got started on my Spring Four Seasons Swap quilt. At least I can have a little spring indoors!

13 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Merry Christmas back at you! It's like that here too, with a combination of early Easter and a winter that will not go away.

Your monster is wonderful! Love his eyes. :)

Janice said...

what a great start to your spring swap quilt - its lovely!

dutchcomfort said...

I’m dreaming of a white Easter...
It feels like Christmas indeed!
Great monster!

Kate North said...

Ooh, I love the start of your spring FSQ - guess I won't be the recipient as I got the winter one... darn!

julieQ said...

I'm...dreaming of a white... Easter? Wow! cold looking! Cute Monster!

Libby said...

Can you dye snowballs? Happy Easter.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love the monster doll. I have to say: Boo!

Unknown said...

Your 4season swap quilt beginning looks great.

Dzeniferka said...

Merry Easter, Hedgehog! Loved your creative inspirations from the weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Helen in the UK said...

As I was scrolling through blogs this morning (I always look at the pictures first) your little monster caught my eye ... it looked like it had personality!! Only upon reading the text did I realise what it was. I bet the new owner will love him/it :)

The Calico Cat said...

I love where you are going on your spring doll quilt swap. (Mine is at the top stage.)

Anonymous said...

I love your monster, very, very cool.

Louise said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt - I absolutely love it so far!!