Monday, October 06, 2008

Melanzane

I've had Italian food on the brain lately - in part because I've been reading a lot of Donna Leon's mysteries set in Venice. So, yesterday, I did a bit of stitching (finally) and also made some homemade "finger" pasta with some friends. This little mini is for the 6-12" trading swap. I definitely need to practice my free-motion handwriting, but it was fun working with solids! Here's a photo of a another great deconstructed 'melanzane'.


There has also been knitting! The bumble bee socks are finished - a little wide in the foot, but otherwise, I'm pleased. I've started my first pair of fair isle style socks, too - windowpane socks, based on photos I've seen on Ravelry (don't have the pattern, but I'm winging it).

It's good crafting weather in these parts!

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Ah yum, fresh pasta! My MIL used to make it.
Jeanne :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful landscape. Your little mini is great.

Anonymous said...

your landscape looks so much like ours in Thunder Bay.
I love your little mini too.

Nines said...

Love it all!

Nines said...

Love it all!

Libby said...

Yummy - homemade pasta. Isn't it just a delightful treat? Sweet little quilt. Someone is going to be very happy *s*

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Nice warm socks, for the cold feet.

Cher said...

oh happy socks, happy little quilt, and happy little pasta! all wonderful looking.

sewkalico said...

Lots of great little minis (I'm catching up on 2 posts here). Well done on the socks too!

Dzeniferka said...

Gorgeous picture and inspiring craftiness! Btw, I read my first Leon mystery while on a weekend trip two weeks ago... what addiction! :) Want to go to Italy?