Friday, October 17, 2008

Patchwork Drawstring Bags

I made these three 8" reversible drawstring bags this week using this great tutorial from Pink Penguin. I can definitely recommend this as a great quick project. I think I'd like to make a 2" square quilt for an upcoming swap, too.

Here's a photo of the lining fabrics I used for the bags.

Last weekend I also finished up two more of my Mansikka mini series started last summer. I still have three more of these basted and waiting to be quilted. It seems like the wrong season to be doing these now, but the colors are Christmassy, so maybe I'll get back in the mood soon!

I also added a couple of buttons to my Melanzane mini before sending it off.

13 comments:

ayumills said...

Oh My!!!
Your patchwork bags are so adorable! Is the middle one a logcabin? What a great idea- I must try..!!

Jan said...

Such cute bags!
And your strawberry mini-quilts started me lusting for that Mansikka fabric months ago...which inspired my mittens! Definitely Christmassy.

Magpie Sue said...

Very cute bags! I definitely have to check out the tutorial!

Clare said...

Those strawberry quilts are lovely. Are you still on for next month?

sewkalico said...

Those buttons work well! Great bags and such cute strawberries!

Tine said...

The bags are cute! And I really like the strawberry-fabrics :-)

Unknown said...

A lot of quilty things :) I like the bags a lot.

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! The bags are very cool, and I love the strawberry fabric in the mini quilts.

Nines said...

The bags are so sweet!! I have some of that bumble bee fab. Great job!

Dzeniferka said...

Love the bags... so cute!

julieQ said...

I love your patchwork bags...they are the best! I need to make a few of these.

Carol E. said...

LOVE the bags and the wonderful green/purple mini. Great work!

Chookyblue...... said...

love my little quilt I received.....thanks for being so kind.......