Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Questions


I don't usually do these memes, but I do have fun reading them. In the spirit of Christmas (and since I can't post a picture of the gift I'm working on right now), I thought I'd give it a try. (I found it on QuiltingFitzy's blog.)

1. Hot chocolate or apple cider?
hot chocolate (with peppermint schnapps or mini marshmallows)
2. Turkey or ham?
fish
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
real
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
a wreath
5. Snowball fights or sledding?
sledding
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
if there is a real downtown where I am, yes
7. Favorite Christmas song?
Good King Wenceslas (I was born on the Feast of Stephen)
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
it's not Christmas without It's a Wonderful Life
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
anything before Thanksgiving is too early
10. Stockings before or after presents?
stockings before breakfast, presents afterwards
11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
I'd rather be one of the carolers
12. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
love going to my mom's!
13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
sometimes on Christmas Eve
14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
hope there's snow to play in
15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
evergreens
16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
ice skating
17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas Day?

Christmas morning, although I lobbied unsuccessfully for one on Christmas Eve as a kid - now I'd never want to!
18. Favorite Christmas memory?
too hard to choose (I'll try one per decade) - Christmas in France 2005, my first sewing machine as a gift 1996, my first Christmas with a baby brother 1987, having my own small live tree in my bedroom 1979
19. Favorite part about winter?
snow
20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
yes, but not often enough!

The picture above was taken last year in Quimper, France. The one below is the wreath hanging outside my door this year. I bought the frame made of pussy willow branches (I once got a pussy willow stuck up my nose as a kid and now have a special affection for them - strange, I know) and spruced it up with the little bird, branch, and ribbon.

2 comments:

Libby said...

That sign is just perfect *s*

SuBee said...

- love that one! giggle -
the Santa sign is clearly a universal.....