Just a quick Wednesday update on two projects:
I've finished twenty-four of the forty-eight red and yellow string blocks.
I'm making these using this easy technique:
1. Make two square blocks with diagonal strips. (I foundation pieced them on muslin.) Place them right sides together with the strips from each square going in the opposite direction.
2. Draw a line across the diagonal and stitch 1/4" on each side of this line.
3. Cut on the line you drew. Open and iron. Voila!
Recent ferry rides have also helped with my 'Red Hots' progress. I'm hoping upcoming train journeys will lead to even more progress on this front. Still not sure what these are destined to become, but I'm having fun making them anyway!