Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Work?!? What's That?!


I actually went back to work yesterday. What a shock to the system. It's actually not so bad to be back - we had a little mini-conference here in Vaasa today - good for getting the juices going again. Thanks to IKEA in Haparanda, Sweden, I have a nice photo here of all the flags of the places I visited this summer! I'll try to post a few more photos before the darkness (and the school year) settle in again here.

Not much happening on the quilting front - still unpacking from the summer's adventures and working on a top secret project. Just wanted to check in, but I can report on a little red hot progress - 16 new flowers, so I'm up to 53. Hope they're not getting too dull. The cute little hedgehog bag was a purchase in a craft shop in Turku this summer - made from old hospital curtains. Two months later, it's now a very well-traveled sewing bag!

13 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! You have had a well traveled summer. I hope you enjoyed everyplace you visited. Your pile of red hots is growing a lot and I love all of the hedgehog things you have.

Libby said...

What a wonderful summer of travel memories you have had *s* Those red hots are just as darling as ever . . . and getting well travelled, too *s*

Tonya Ricucci said...

Love your stack of hexies. The fabrics are marvelous. Love that print with numbers on it. Can't wait to see them placed together.

Anonymous said...

No, not sick of the reds yet, the fabric in them is stunning. I love your little hedgehog bag - very cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow, I love your blog - a new discovery to me via 'Two Lime Leaves'blog. The minute I saw 'Life's a quilt' I new I had to click on the link. Then I saw your photo of IKEA, only to discover you LIVE in the country of the home of IKEA. Oh yes, I'll be back. Very best wishes from Australia.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man! I can't believe you got so many flowers done! FUN! And I love your hedgehog bag!

Lily Mulholland said...

Welcome home. Horrible going back to work, but someone's got to pay the bills! I cannot wait to see you put those red hot beauties together!

Nines said...

Have you come back to earth yet? I love the red hot posies. And the felted bag. The hedgehogs are all adorable.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are back. Your hexagons are great, they will make a lovely quilt.

Jenni said...

What a drag having to go back to work! It sounds like you have had a great summer of travelling, and can now settle down to a dark winter of sewing? 53 flowers is pretty good.

Nettie said...

Congrats on getting so many hexies done and they're wonderful. I also love your hedgehog bag. The travel pics are great too.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Can't wait to see the red-hots all assembled. Love the bag to pieces!!

Anonymous said...

Hedgie, you're killin' me here with your red & white hexies. My own stash of red & whites beckons.

Great find on the hedgehog bag!