Hello from Sweden! I'm here taking a language course. Very challenging, but lots of fun, too.
Not sure if my doll quilt has arrived at its destination in South Dakota, but I couldn't wait any longer to post a couple of pictures of it now.
I tried a few new things with this little project. 1. a pieced batting - many thanks to Amy and Tazzie for their tips on this, I will definitely do it again 2. churn dash blocks - my partner requested 30s prints for a quilt for her antique dolls, so I wanted to use a traditional block that I hadn't used before 3. stippling - I have tried before with little success, but I just sat down and gave it a try and I was pretty satisfied with the results! I think I've just been psyching myself out in terms of free-motion quilting. 4. a proper label (as required) (I'm embarrassed to say I don't usually do so.) Again, I must thank Amy for this adorable hedgehog fabric!
The light print that dominates the front is a reproduction that's very similar to a fabric my grandmother used to make a dress for a doll of mine when I was small (I'm not sure where the doll and the dress are today, unfortunately). Unfortunately I didn't have a stripe to use for the binding, but the yellow is cheery and frames it nicely, I think.
I hope that this keeps one of Becky's dolls warm this winter! My adorable little quilt from Lene is keeping a big white wall in my guest room/quilting room warm already.