Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Before I'm Disowned

I need to make a baby quilt quick for my cousin's little baby born in July while I was wandering around northern Scandinavia for weeks without email or phone contact before I'm disowned by my family! (I'm also missing my other cousin's wedding this month - that reminds me, two wedding quilts are in the queue, too!)

Inspired by this quilt while trying to catch up on some blogs as a reward for getting some actual work done today, I whipped up just two blocks this evening. My late night quilting time is limited at the moment because I have a friend here staying in the quilting room while she does an internship here in Vaasa. She heads out the door before 7am, so for some crazy reason, she wants to go to sleep at a reasonable hour!


In the corner of the photo, you can see that I've been trying to figure out the crazy schedule for three new courses in the spring semester. I think I will need to color code my life to get through this academic year - the building where my office is (and where many of my classes meet) is under renovation, so everything is a bit more chaotic than usual. Of course, it doesn't help that the schedule is in Finnish. Might as well be in Greek.

4 comments:

loulee said...

Hey I like your blocks. Good luck getting things finished in time.

Amanda Jean said...

your quilt blocks are great!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I know how it is, those new babies seem to sneak up on me (not on their mothers, though.) I like the blocks.

Libby said...

Once they receive the quilt - they will forget that they had to wait *s*