Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Berry Backing

Inspired by a visit to Österbottens Museum yesterday to see a scaled-down version of the Marimekko exhibit I saw in Helsinki in March, and with the help of my two knitting-picnic friends, I've decided to use this Kivet (Stones) fabric as the backing for my Summer Berries quilt. Even if it's a little orangy, the colors are rich like the ones on the front and the stones look like berries! (The stones are about 3 3/4 inches in diameter.)

Here's one of my favorite blocks so far: (I just need a couple more to reach 49!)

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Hedgehog - thanks for visiting and leaving a note about my Marimekko house quilt. I enjoyed looking your quilts and crochet at your website. Beautiful. Your photography is great. I'll watch for your next Marimekko quilt. Thanks for the info on the Marimekko exhibit. Must have been GREAT!!! I LOVE Marimekko fabric!