It rained here today, so no chance to go to the market square for more flea market hunting (probably better for the bank account), and the Summer Berries quilt is labeled and washed and drying (unfortunately) inside. I'm hoping to have a good outdoor photo tomorrow! In the meantime, there's been more progress on my granny square afghan and a little new sewing. I'm making a little mini quilt with some scraps from Summer Berries. Here's the finished top:
It's 15"x21" and will have the same backing and binding as the original quilt. I'm going to host a give away to celebrate reaching five years of blogging this week, so stay tuned for a post where you can leave a comment and enter to win! I'll mail anywhere and think that I'll throw in some Marimekko scraps as an added bonus.
The group afghan I've been working with two friends is finished now, and it was my job to wash and block it. I took it out of the washer last night and could have cried. There was a big hole in it! I'm pretty sure was the first block I made - my first granny square ever. I hope I've improved since then. The center three rounds had come undone. I'm happy to say that I figured out how to fix it. I hope to never have to use this skill again.