Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Three Posts in Two Days?

Yes, folks, it's true. Three posts in two days. Summer at home is a good thing.

I had a great visit today with a crafty friend - look at the lovely crocheted potholder she so generously gave me! You can check out her yarn adventures on her bilingual blog. I have been considering relearning to crochet - and now have two very capable friends to teach me - but the question is: do I really need another addiction hobby?! For now, the answer is no.

I pin-basted the latest red and white quilt today and hope to start quilting it tomorrow, but in the meantime I was inspired to dig out a UFO from three summers ago. It's the Marquee pattern from Modern Quilt Workshop. I had everything cut, so it was easy to get started with it again. I ironed everything today, including the binding. This will actually be the fourth quilt I'll have made from this book (and the one closest to the original pattern!), but I shouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched! Here are the others, especially for folks who haven't been reading my blog since 2006/7 (and for those who fear that I've given up quilting for sock knitting!):




5 comments:

Quiltycat said...

I have this book too and it's great! I love the quilts you made from it.
nichi

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow, you really have put this book to great use! I try not to buy books anymore unless I know for certain I will make at least 1 project within the next few months! Go ahead and learn to crochet if you have willing teachers... never know when it might come in handy! I really love the quilts you made.

Unknown said...

All lovely quilts - but confetti quilts do it for me every time - simple but so effective - and each one that's made looks different

Doina said...

I like the things you have made and show on your blog!

Helen in the UK said...

I have this book too, but never made a quilt from it! Love the ones you've done :)