Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Almost all the quilts in our group's challenge with the theme 'mother or motherhood' included hearts, except mine. I'm happy with my little boats, but I think this fact inspired me to make a few hearts with another little project in mind. I used Tonya's wonky heart technique, although they aren't so wonky in the end. Well, they're wonky, but they're nearly identically wonky. These little hearts remind me of the cut-out hearts on the Danish royal guards' booths that I saw outside Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen in March.
Jane Ann over at the jettstream tagged me for '7 Wonders of Me'. Seven random things I want to share with the world on my blog?! Here goes:
1. I'm named for my two grandmothers - Genevieve (from whom I got the crafty gene) and Elisabeth (from whom I got the cocktail gene).
2. I'm allergic to raw shellfish (especially oysters), but I love to eat it cooked.
3. I refused to use paper napkins as a kid and would only use cloth ones.
4. When I was three or four, I got a pussy willow stuck up my nose. Somehow I still feel drawn to the plant.
5. I love beets.
6. I don't like to wear shoes or coats - difficult for someone who likes to live in cold places.
7. The furthest south I've ever been is the Cape of Good Hope, South Africa and after this summer the furthest north I will have been will be Nordkapp, Norway. (Born with travel genes from the grandfathers, too!)
Consider yourself tagged, if you'd like.