Monday, May 28, 2007

Singing a Rainbow

Good work Lily, Anne, and Michelle, who identified the title of last Thursday's post! I sang 'I Can Sing a Rainbow' in 4th or 5th Grade Glee Club (at the lovely Tollgate Grammar School in Pennington, NJ) and haven't heard it since, but still get it stuck in my head (or have it as an earworm - this great German word seems to have made its way into English) whenever I start making a list of colors!

This photo was taken just moments before sunset tonight after a rain shower. I'd need a much better camera to do it justice - the sky was a deep grey lavender and the rainbow was just enormous - and complete - and with a shadow of a second one visible on one side! The brick buildings across from me looked like they were on fire!

Quilting the red confetti wall-hanging bit by bit - photos soon.

6 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That sky is simply gorgeous, it's the kind of sight that any camera would have difficulty doing justice. Incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Lily Mulholland said...

Well it looks pretty flash in the photo, so I can only imagine what it must've looked like in real life! Wow!

Good luck with your quilting - it'll be one eye-popping pressie!

Libby said...

Just stunning - how do you ever get anything done? I would just spend my times watching the sky change.

Unknown said...

That picture is worthy of any expensive calendar - just beautiful

Quilts And Pieces said...

It is a great picture! I lightened it up on my pc and it was gorgeous!

Hedgehog said...

Thanks, Dawn! Just posted that lightened version.