Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Friends and a Funky Foot

I've done something funky to my foot and am supposed to stay on the sofa for a few days with my foot in the air. Fortunately, I can prepare my courses for the fall from the sofa. Unfortunately, I cannot iron or cut strips for my current project from the sofa. Luckily, though, my Bernina has not been lonely! Two friends decided to try their hand at some patchwork. Katrin made a nine-patch potholder from a friend's mother's curtains (hope I've got that right) and says she's coming back for more. Karin turned a precious Marimekko remnant into a great pillow - complete with zipper! I love the looks of concentration on their faces:




8 comments:

dot said...

Hope you are better soon. What great projects. I like the smile of success.

Laurie Ann said...

Well, even if you couldn't sew, at least you could be involved in sewing! :) Hope you foot heals up soon.

jovaliquilts said...

Hope your foot can come down soon! At least your machine wasn't lonely, and you had good company while you recuperated.

dutchcomfort said...

I hope your foot will soon be better! Lovely Marimekko fabric!

Unknown said...

Hope your foot improves quickly - maybe you could do a little applique or stitchery to relieve the boredom :o)

Amanda Jean said...

I hope your heals up quickly!

mereth said...

Hmm, I think that would be torture watching other people sew. But they certainly look as if they were getting right into it.
This is where handwork comes into it's own, piecing or applique, Tonya's quilting without a hoop.
Adored the little blue quilt too, you did a great job on that and I'm sure it will be loved.

Libby said...

Bringing new ones into the fold . . . a fantastic way to use your recovery time - you clever girl *s*