Thursday, September 20, 2007

I learned my ABCs in


Ferrum, Virginia, hence the ABC fabric. (Does anyone else remember the Letter People?) I moved to Ferrum from upstate New York just before starting Kindergarten and there were some words and letters I sure didn't understand when my teacher said them - the last letter of Ferrum was a strange one - sounded more like a kind of tree when she said it!

Just one quick one for my 'places-I've-lived' quilt. Vaasa was the shortest place with five letters - there are four more with six letters each, three with seven letters each, and then I need to start tackling long ones like Lyndonville and Washington, DC. Oy. (I'm still having fun, though.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see that you are having fun, it shines through your blog.

Libby said...

I'm sure I'm just one of many people who remembers the Letter People - at one point I knew all the songs, too...

dutchcomfort said...

I cannot make such a quilt. I only lived in two places.. (sigh..)
Please tell me who the Letter People are(were)?