Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hugs and Kisses

After making VOTE, I realized how much fun it is to make something really small in just a couple hours from start to finish. This is just a little (approximately 12"x12") gift for a friend. I used scraps from a couple projects like this and these, only the red and orange border and binding fabrics weren't scraps. (Yes, I actually used borders for once!) Check out these cool hugs and kisses quilts here and here and here and here. Small is definitely good, but I really need to get back to all my WIPs before starting any new projects!

11 comments:

Katherine said...

What a great gift! I love the fabrics you used, the colours really "Pop"!

Unknown said...

This is great for someone who likes red. Is the pattern done freehand?

His Office, My Studio said...

Great gift! You did a fantastic job.

Tonya Ricucci said...

very fun, great colors. Hey, I have that same red fabric with the red that looks like firework bursts.

loulee said...

Sweet. I like quick patterns too.

Kristin Shields said...

Very cute! Thanks for all the links too.

Clare said...

I like it - it really sings. Thanks for the link (blush).

x

Quiltdivajulie said...

You just captured one of the reason why I enjoy participating in the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative - not only do I get to "play" with small (9" x 12") quilts, but they go to raise $$ for a cause near and dear to my heart.

Quilts And Pieces said...

What a cute hugs and kisses!

Magpie Sue said...

Yeah, those little quilts are really addictive. Good luck getting back to the bigger projects!

Amanda Jean said...

that is so sweet + cute! there is something wonderful about the nearly instant gratification of a smaller quilt.