Saturday, September 15, 2007

More Letters

I was working in my office all day today, getting ready for the semester to begin on Monday, and have been thinking for a while that I needed a little something quilty to brighten up the place. One of my courses focuses on US government, so I have this little Gee's Bend postcard on the wall. (In case you can't see it very well, there is fabric with the letters VOTE printed on it.) I looked up at it today and was inspired to do a bit more letter exploration for Tonya's class when I got home. I used Ami Simms' cool little 'sleeve' corners again on this. The whole thing measures 12"x12".

I bought these fabrics at Maine Quilts during the Democratic Convention in 2004, but have never really known what to do with them. I'm not really the patriotic quilt type - maybe it's my dual-citizenship, maybe it's my frustrations with US policy at the moment, but this quilt feels okay. VOTE!

I have to thank Tonya again here for her inspiration!! If you haven't found her tutorials, check them out here!!

7 comments:

Libby said...

I'm such a sucker for Americana quilts and fabric. Love the Uncle Sam hats. I've voted in each election since I turned 18 - it is a wonderful thing . . . but my favorite part? The 'I Voted Sticker' I get to wear on my shirt all day. It really is the simple things for me *lol*

Unknown said...

It seems like you are having fun with these letters.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh I LOVE it. love it. that fabric is all fabulous and works perfectly. I love the simplicity of the piece. gorgeous.

dutchcomfort said...

You are becoming an expert in letters! It looks wonderful.

merete said...

Thanks a lot for nice comments in my blog, - how great that you could use what you found for inspiration!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Exactly the right idea--you have no business to complain about the government if you didn't vote! I like how you made the lettering.

Magpie Sue said...

Just delightful!